We invite proposals for half-day or full-day workshops and tutorials. These workshops and tutorials will be held both before the main conference, on 16 May 2018 (Wednesday). They will take place at the main conference venue, the Hilton Brisbane in Brisbane, Australia. The primary criteria for selection are the anticipated level of interest, the potential impact, and the presenters’ technical background.
Workshops promote informal discussion of an active research area. Tutorials involve formal presentation of the principles (e.g., tools and methods) behind an established research area. We particularly welcome creative new formats for both workshops and tutorials that increase the number of participants, that encourage participants to stay for the full duration of the event, that enhance discussion among participants, that increase the level of interaction between established experts and early-career researchers, and that make useful connections to fields outside of robotics.
A proposal must be a pdf file submitted via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (max. file size: 2 MB). Proposals should not exceed two pages and must have these elements:
1. Type and duration: Specify workshop or tutorial, half-day or full-day.
4. Abstract: 200 words maximum.
5. Content: 500 words maximum.
6. Plan to solicit participation: 200 words maximum.
7. Plan to encourage interaction among participants: 200 words maximum.
8. Equipment: Anything needed other than a projector and screen.
We look forward to hosting your workshops and tutorials at SIMPAR 2018.